For a number of different reasons, unfortunately, sometimes your post will fail 😢
We will always provide you with the reason for a failed post, and you will be notified via email and/or mobile app that your post was unsuccessful.
Common reasons for failed posts:
1. The connection between Keyhole & your account has expired
For reasons beyond our control, the connection between Keyhole and a Publishing Account will expire. You will get notified in-app and via email, if your account requires reconnecting
Solve: Reconnect your account and you'll be good to go!
2. You do not have the permission to publish
This occurs when you're not the owner of the post or have not been given permission to post using this Keyhole account
Solve: Reach out to the owner of the Keyhole account and ask for
3. Your post did not meet platform related specifications
There are a number of platform specific rules that your post must follow, for example:
- Facebook will restrict certain pages from publishing multiple posts to the same page in one day according to the level of engagement received on your page
- Facebook enforces strict Community Standards
- Facebook will not allow you to publish a post that is larger than 10MB
- Twitter will not allow you to publish a post beyond it's allowed media sizes (gif: 15MB, image: 5MB, file types: .jpg, .png, .gif and .webp)
- Instagram requires videos to be in either .mov or .mp4 format
- Instagram requires videos to be 3 seconds minimum or 60 seconds maximum
- Instagram requires pictures to have maximum horizontal pixels of 1920
Solve: Please double-check that your posts meet the standard platform specifications. Write us at [email protected] @ if you need help troubleshooting!